I have some blogs (with unimaginative names, sorry)...
And some articles in print magazines...
I have had a number of PHP-focused articles published in this magazine:
Back issues in pdf format can be purchased at the magazine's web site. (Print issues of some issues may still be available too.)
- Normalization in Chinese (August 2007)
- Using the mbstring extension for working with non-European language. This first part covers character set conversion, normalization in English and Chinese (traditional/simplified, pinyin, hanzi to pinyin).
- Normalization in Japanese (September 2007)
- Part two of the above article. Normalization in Japanese (kana, romaji, kanji), validation in Japanese (katakana, phone numbers) and form localization.
- Optimizing into C++ (October 2007)
- Shows how to take a text manipulation PHP script and make it run faster, and use less memory, by rewriting it in C++. Also introduces C++ equivalents (mainly in boost) of key PHP functions.
- Step-By-Step Regex (August 2009)
- A fun article trying to help you get past the initial regex learning curve so you can start to use their magic in your own scripts.
- Firefox For Control Freaks (March 2010)
C/C++ Users Journal
(before C/C++ Users Journal got absorbed into Dr.Dobbs.)
- Flash, Ming & C++ (December 2004)
- An article on using ming and C++ to make flash swfs. Completely out of date now, but for what it is worth the full text is available at that URL.